James McGrath, a theologically progressive Christian, has a post up discussing the many varied conceptions of God: Mystics and/or Atheists.
As I indicated on another post, the word ‘God’ can be used to refer to so many things, that it is accurate to say that we are all theists and all atheists in relation to some god or another (with the possible exception of polytheists who accept every god presented to them). The most hardened skeptic usually believes in the universe or the laws of nature, so if one of those is your conception of God, then you’d define very few people as atheists.
- Atheist Mega-Churches May Help Mend Relationships With Faithful (shanemark71.wordpress.com)
- So, “Atheist Megachurches” Are Apparently A Thing (pbaptist.wordpress.com)
- Atheism’s Bondage (etsop95.wordpress.com)
- Triangulations : Defining Atheism (triangulations.wordpress.com)
- Chad Meister: can atheists make sense of morality? (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)