SelfAwarePatterns on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Rated Posts
- Is cosmology in crisis?
- Recommendation: The Nanotech Succession
- The unfolding argument: why Integrated Information Theory is not scientific
- Michael Graziano’s attention schema theory
- Brain inspired hardware
- Are zombies conscious?
- Emotions, feelings, and action programs
- Avengers: Endgame
- Protecting AI welfare?
- The relationship between usefulness and falsifiability
- Do boiling crawfish suffer?
- Neanderthals and the beginnings of us
- Frans de Waal on animal consciousness
- Recommendation: Edges (Inverted Frontier Book 1)
- The brain is a computer, but what is a computer?
- Follow SelfAwarePatterns on WordPress.com
- Albert Einstein
- Anatomically modern humans
- animal consciousness
- Artificial intelligence
- Big Bang
- Cosmic microwave background radiation
- evolutionary psychology
- Extraterrestrial life
- Free will
- Human evolution
- interstellar travel
- Massimo Pigliucci
- Max Tegmark
- Michael Graziano
- Milky Way
- Mind uploading
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of science
- Quantum mechanics
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- Science fiction
- Sean Carroll
- Search for extraterrestrial intelligence
- Solar System
- space exploration
- Space opera
- United States
- Web comic
- Zach Weiner
Tag Archives: YouTube
In case you haven’t heard yet, there’s a comet headed for Mars. It will pass pretty close, close enough for the various orbiters we have in there to get pictures, and for them to be in a little bit of … Continue reading
I’ve mentioned a few times before that I’m not a convinced determinist, at least not of the strict or hard variety. I have three broad reasons for this. The first is that I’m not sure how meaningful it is to … Continue reading
Occasionally I remark about how illogical quantum mechanics is. Sometimes people either insist that it is logical, or simply assert some simple explanation that shows they don’t really get how utterly strange this stuff is. This video of Jim Al-Khalili gives a … Continue reading
In this TED talk, David Chalmers gives a summary of the problem whose name he coined, the hard problem of consciousness. via David Chalmers: How do you explain consciousness? – YouTube. It seems like people who’ve contemplated consciousness fall into two … Continue reading
A cool video explaining the human immune system, or perhaps more accurately, giving a broad simplified explanation while also giving us a glimpse of just how complicated it is.
Pretty cool. Jeremy Kasdin in this TED talk discusses an idea to remove the glare of a star’s light in order to possibly get a look at its planets.