Australian and US researchers hope an anti-ageing compound could be trialled on humans as early as next year, following a key breakthrough that saw the ageing process reversed in mice.
The study, involving Harvard University and the University of NSW, discovered a way of restoring the efficiency of cells, completely reversing the ageing process in muscles.
Wow. Very much related to some of our recent conversations. I had heard about the work with mice, but had no idea they were this close to human trials.
- A cure for aging in the works? (amanwithaphd.wordpress.com)
- Scientists find way to stop ageing (stuff.co.nz)
- Jab turns back the age clock (smh.com.au)
- Scientists reverse ageing process in mice (abc.net.au)
- Researchers roll back the key indicators of aging to make two-year-old mice appear six months old – Human trials next (sott.net)
- ‘Forever Young,’ Not Just Another Bob Dylan Song. Researchers Reverse Aging In Mice (931jackfm.cbslocal.com)
- Harvard Researchers Successfully Reverse Aging In Mice (inhabitat.com)