But of his new endeavors, he’s likely best known for his politically tinged, no-bullshit talk about science education in America. Over the past few years, he’s gained wide attention on social media, the lecture circuit, and television (he’s appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan Live and HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, among others) for countering creationist drivel, conservative politicians’ claims, and climate change denial.
“I fight this fight out of patriotism,” Nye says.
It seems like Bill Nye’s been in the news a lot lately. I have to say I’m a fan, although having already been an adult during the run of ‘Bill Nye the Science Guy‘, I don’t have the sentimentality for him that many younger people do. But he’s challenging anti-science, particularly politically powerful anti-science, and that appeals to me a lot.
- Hey, Bill Nye, Why the Hell Would You Agree to Debate a Creationist? (patheos.com)
- Ken Ham to Debate Bill Nye – Big Mistake! (sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com)
- Bill Nye to visit Creation Museum for debate (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Progressive America has a Brand New Hero: Bill Nye the Science Guy (angryamericanbirds.wordpress.com)
- Bill Nye the Science Guy to Debate Creation Museum Founder About Evolution (slog.thestranger.com)
- Bill Nye agrees to a debate on evolution at the Creation Museum (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- ‘Science Guy’ Bill Nye plans to debate Creation Museum founder Ken Ham (rawstory.com)