SelfAwarePatterns on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Rated Posts
- Is entanglement decoherence from the outside, and decoherence entanglement from the inside?
- The magic step and the crucial fork
- Ad Astra: Apocalypse Now in space
- The information generation theory of consciousness
- Recommendation: Silver (Inverted Frontier Book 2)
- Conscious visual perception happens in the frontal lobes
- The layers of emotional feelings
- The barrier of meaning
- Debate: Do split-brain patients have two minds?
- Add feelings to AI to achieve general intelligence?
- The problems with the Chinese room argument
- The difficulty of isolating evidence for the location of consciousness
- Integrated information theory
- Angst over mini-brains
- Michael Graziano on mind uploading
- Follow SelfAwarePatterns on WordPress.com
- Albert Einstein
- Anatomically modern humans
- animal consciousness
- Artificial intelligence
- Big Bang
- Cosmic microwave background radiation
- evolutionary psychology
- Extraterrestrial life
- Free will
- Human evolution
- interstellar travel
- Massimo Pigliucci
- Max Tegmark
- Michael Graziano
- Milky Way
- Mind uploading
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of science
- Quantum mechanics
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal
- Science fiction
- Sean Carroll
- Search for extraterrestrial intelligence
- Solar System
- space exploration
- Space opera
- United States
- Web comic
- Zach Weiner
Tag Archives: xkcd
Source: xkcd: The Three Laws of Robotics The Three Laws from the Wikipedia article: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey the orders given it by … Continue reading
New Horizons passed by Pluto this morning, so be on the watch in the news for all kinds of detailed photos and analysis over the next several days. One of the best sources is probably NASA’s New Horizons page. To … Continue reading
Similar to the relative spacecraft and rocket sizes I linked to the other day, here’s xkcd’s version, in horse units. At first I thought he was referring to horsepower, but then I realized it was horse mass. (Click through … Continue reading
Click through for full sized version and yellow caption. via xkcd: AI-Box Experiment. I do keep saying that AIs won’t want what we want.
This is interesting. I’m not entirely sure what to conclude from it, but it is interesting. via xkcd: Marriage.
I’m reminded of Jared Diamond’s point in his book ‘Collapse’ about Montana, that if it were an independent civilization with the same environmental problems, not integrated with the rest of the United State, that it might have already collapsed. Seeing … Continue reading
My initial reaction to this was, where are the gas giants? Then I woke up and realized this was about definable surfaces. (Click through for full sized version.) Note the tiny size of Pluto in relation to moons like The … Continue reading
I have to say that I’ve wondered about this one myself. via xkcd: Rocket Packs.
xkcd on the Fermi Paradox. Click through for the full sized version. xkcd: Fish.